Evolution not Resolution! A week ago I sent a message to my TWEEPS and FB family to skip the Resolution and participate in your REVOLUTION. Some of you read it and said “GOT it”, and others said “Shut Up Wil, I have enough to think about with all my holiday affairs”. Well, I’m here to give you a few things to think about to help you skip past the RESOLUTION and participate in your EVOLUTION…We dropped the Revolution…We don’t want a temporary fight! We want to change forever! Why a EVOLUTION? An evolution is a commitment to change! The word means to change position! A Resolution is lip service. It’s a promise. Don’t promise me that you will change… Show me! Put this on your wall and use it as a reminder. LET’S GO!
1) Write down ten things you want to do differently and commit to two. Writing down ten will get your mind flowing. You first have to think about what you want before you can truly commit to a plan. Writing it down is your first commitment. Select two because if you try to do too many things at once it can complicate your process. Plus, if you accomplish the two early in the year, you can go for two more in the second half of the year (Then you achieve four).
2) Write down specifically what it will take to evolve. For example: If you want to lose weight, then you need to plan your meals, exercise, decide what your new weight will be, change your wardrobe, hang out with people that support you, etc.
3) Don’t brag about what you’re trying to achieve. Look, you’re going to put a lot of pressure on yourself to get this done. You don’t need people around you asking you questions about your progress, especially if they’re not on your support team. Only include the people you feel are necessary to accomplish your goal. The rest of them will have to catch the results! You know, after you hit the mark of success!
4) Break this up into months. Write down where you want to be at the end of each month of 2010. Write down something very specific (you can’t write ditto or stop smoking). You should write: Jan – gym twice a week; Feb gym three times a week / plan healthier meals; Mar – Gym four times a week/more cardio/eat less red meat.
5) Reward yourself once a week. At least once a week, forget about change! Reward yourself. If you over indulge in your reward, then the next week you have to work twice as hard on your goal.
6) Don’t let a bad day throw you off your plan. Don’t let a bad day throw you off your plan. We all have bad days, so don’t let a bad day get you off your plan. If you get off of your plan, just pick a day in the future to start up again. The trick is to keep trying!
7) Set a date in the future to celebrate accomplishing your goal. Call it a launch party! A party to celebrate the new YOU! Set the date and when that day comes celebrate! Have a BIG event for yourself! You deserve it
8) Eight is up to you! Step eight is where you decide what other things you need to do to. Get a counselor, Get a coach, Join a gym, Go to rehab… You know what you need to do. Life will only get better when you take a step in a new direction.
My book is now available! Use it to help you Transform your Life. The book is titled The Wealth Code, and it was written to help you wake up you inner spirit. Take a look http://wilmurphy.com/Wilmurphy/thewealthcode.html
Remember, SEVEN is biblically the number of completion and EIGHT is the number of new beginniings. What will you do in step Eight to EVOLVE!